Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Week 10: Reading Diary Pt. B

I am a huge fan of Krishna. Ever since I took that Non-Western Dance Forms class I have been greatly intrigued by him. Other than that, I really adore these pages! So much action and trickery! It was awful what they did to draw out Drona, but I guess since it worked it's just one more price to pay. But Bhima drinking that guy's blood? That was a little far, am I right? It's okay to kill people, but when you start drinking blood things get awkward. Kind of a depressing ending, but it seems reasonable based on the acts that took place during the story. This one definitely wasn't a super love story (though I guess I wouldn't say the Ramayana was either). I'm not a fan of Indian Epic endings, that's for sure. First, in the Ramayana, Sita is banished and all that stupidity, then in this one everyone dies sadly. But one lives on to carry on the Pandava line! It's just annoying I guess, because I wish everyone had just died heroically in the battle or something. Though none of them felt particularly heroic, I just still would have liked to see them die in battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment