Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 9: Famous Last Words

My roommate/best friend and I got a new doggie this weekend. Her name is Xena (I’ll post pictures probably on next week’s last words for you all) and she’s such a sweetheart but really timid. It’s such a contrast against Nova (our baby) who’s a real wild one that has more energy and excitement in her body than I’ve ever had in my lifetime. It’s cute though, because Nova tries to gets Xena excited and to play with her, but Xena just shies away. We’re hoping that their polar opposite temperaments will even out: Xena will get a little more outgoing and Nova will calm down a little. But who knows?
            Other than that, this week was all right. I’ve still got a lot of homework to do as I write this, and that sucks. I’ve still got my storybook assignment to finish, a script to rewrite, and another act for my TV pilot to write. Homework is bleck! I just want to marathon some TV or movies and binge out on some almond ice cream or popsicles. As for great writing I’ve done this week, I don’t think I have any. I wrote my script for class, but I’m more excited for what I’ve got planned for the rewrite than what I originally wrote. But, more on that next week!

            This past week we had a guest speaker for PWSA. His name was Jeff Provine and he’s the guy who got the haunted OU tours started up years ago. He’s a really cool guy and it was great to hear from a PW alumni. This Thursday, Dr. Jennifer Lynn Barnes is going to do a YA writing panel for PWSA. I love Jenn and I can’t wait to see her again. Her newest book comes out November 4th and I am dying from having to wait so long. Then, the week after that I think there’s going to be yet another guest speaker for PWSA. So many things planned, so little time!

Cover of Dr. Barnes new book from Barnes and Noble

P.S. If you haven't read Dr. Barnes' books and you love psychology and YA then you need to! She meshes the two so beautifully, especially in her Naturals series and Raised by Wolves series! Plus, she's just awesome so read her books and take her classes at OU!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tia, I am going through a similar experience as well! I just introduced my six month old kitten Onyx to my girlfriend's new kitten Thea and things are going very similar. Onyx is very friendly and wants to play with anyone but Thea is very shy and often runs away! I am growing impatient waiting for them to warm up to each other but it will be worth the wait! I hope to hear more about your experience with your new pup in your future blog posts!

    ReplyDelete