Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Week 9: Reading Diary Pt. A

Finally! A new story to read! I'm so excited (especially since my Non-Western Dance Forms class talked about this story a lot). I thought the story of the birth of the three children was really interesting and brought back a lot of memories of the Ramayana. I can tell that there are gonna be some intriguing similarities between the two great epics of India. And then there's the story about the deer who curses Pandu? So many similarities! Oh and the story of the child in the basket? Hmm? Which story does that remind me of (surprising not a Ramayana story, but still a well known one)? I heard so much about the Pandavas in my class (since the Mahabharata is about them) and it's fun to hear their origin story! Krishna! I know him too! I'm really excited for this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment