Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 12: Reading Diary Pt. A


I don’t think I’ve ever gambled my siblings away. That’s definitely a new one. One thing I’ve noticed about this story is that a lot of characters have names starting with the same letters. I’m always reading and then there’s a wave of characters with names all starting with one letter and then once I’m sort of over that shock to my senses, another waves comes with a new letter. It’s really annoying, and kind of a terrible thing to do to your reader. I really love how Damayanti was still able to recognize Nala even though there were a bunch of Gods wearing his face. Their love story is really great. I’m enjoying the love stories in this Indian epic much more so than the Ramayana. And on top of it all, they tend to have happy endings! I’m a sucker for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment